Here are my two cents:
- Lykke Li - Dance Dance Dance
This song is part of Lykke Li's debut album studio album, Youth Novels, released in 2008. After hearing Dance Dance Dance I immediately fall in love with her musicality. Her music often blends elements of indie pop, dream pop and electronic.
- Lura - M' Bem Di Fora
Lura is a Portuguese singer and musician with Cape Verdean parents. Her music is influenced by African styles like Morna, Funaná and Batuque. I didn't hear her music in a long time. Back in 2008 (?) I had the chance to assist to a live concert. I liked it so much that I went to talk with her at the end of the show and asked her a photo. I was thinking to share it in this post, but I can not find it on my hard drive. I guess the photo was shot before I had my first digital camera...I can't remember.
Anyway, these two songs are pretty danceable, right? Hope it can cheer you up next week :)
Hope you enjoy it too!!
If you want to join the challenge, use the hashtag #a-zmusic!
"I see my life in terms of music...I get most joy in life out of music - Albert Einstein
This quote resumes why I'm enjoying this new challenge so much!
My past posts:
- A - I'm ready to start! [Music A to Z Challenge #A - Arcade Fire & AudioSlave]
- B - I get around [Music A to Z Challenge #B - Bush & Beach Boys]
- C -We missed you hissed the lovecats...[Music A to Z Challenge #C - The Cinematic Orchestra & The Cure]
- D - I feel you [Music A to Z Challenge #D - Dave Matthews Band & Depeche Mode]
- E - Dream a Little Dream of Me [Music A to Z Challenge #E - Ella Fitzgerald & Ennio Morricone]
- F - Drumming Song - [Music A to Z Challenge #F - Foo Fighters & Florence + the Machine]
- G - Brain stew - [Music A to Z Challenge #G - Green Day & Guano Apes]
- H - Time [Music A to Z Challenge #H - Hand Puppets & Hans Zimmer]
- I - I need you tonight [Music A to Z Challenge #I - Imogen Heap & INXS]
- J - Sometimes [Music A to Z Challenge #J - Joy Division & James]
- K - Mr. Brightside [Music A to Z Challenge #K - The Killers & The Kills & Kaiser Chief]