Hello everyone! Welcome to the second Pixelart community contest! The main goal is to have some fun <3 This week's theme is Crystals
The winner(s) will get this post's total payout number but in Hive. Any donations to the prize pool are appreciated and will receive a shoutout. Minimum prize pool is 5 Hive.
I'll pick the winner, your post quality can influence my choice.
Depending on the prize pool size I'll pick winner(s) and possibly honorable mentions.
Extra: if we have 3+ entries- 1 random entry will win 2 hive(from me).
● Most important- Only Original Art!!
● No copying other pixelart
● You can use photo reference.
● Non-traditional pixelart is welcome: like color pencils on paper
● No auto-pixel filters allowed
● At least 1 in progress picture
I'm more lenient for the rest of the rules.
● Make a post
● You must post or cross-post in Pixelart community.
● Share your art preview and post link the comments
● Use pixelart as one of your tags.
● Recommended: comment on at least 1 other entry in this contest
● ヽ( ･∀･)ﾉ Remember to put some effort into how you write your post- OCD is watching ;)
● Minimum 1 crystal, feel free to draw more, but it will count as one entry.
Deadline is Wednesday 30.7, 23:00 UTC/GMT
I'll announce the winner and next contest theme on Thursday, around same time as this post.
Feel free to ask any questions or add any suggestions in the comments.
It was so hard to pick but here it is! I'm so happy how many awesome entries there were for the very first contest, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did <3
Previous Week's Winner!
I love the fish variety and the blue one really caught my eyes :D The post includes steps for each fish.
Honorable Mention: @aussieninja
I just want to squeeze it so bad, it's so adorable and derpy <3 :O
Honorable Mention: @cesarisaad
This is amazing amount of details and I hope to see more of @cesarisaad 's pixelart :D
Let me know if you'd like me to tag you so you get notified whenever new pixelart contest is out ^_^
I drew the crystals in 2017 based on photo reference. This weeks pixel tutorial won't be about crystals (the process was very similar as my fish tutorial), but I hope you'll like it :D
Tomorrow I have a motivational post planned ;)
If you liked these drawings, please don't forget to check out and support the awesome posts in Pixelart Community
I'm looking forward to your entries!!! ^_^